Saturday, September 30, 2006

Bowling for... buttons?

Bowling ball buttonsDear Shayne,

We had "movie night" at my company tonight. It was drive-in style, as they showed the movie on the side of a building and we sat outside to watch it. It was fun! Of course, I can never resist a button-making opportunity so I made some to commemorate the event. Aren't all events made better with buttons?

The movie was The Big Lebowski, so someone suggested I make bowling ball buttons. Since bowling balls are round and buttons are round, I went with it. Yup, that's right -- I'm Kelly the Lazy Button Maker. You betcha!

I have a hard time taking good photos of buttons, especially when it's dark out. Too much glare/reflection. Oh well. You get the general idea. In the end, I think the "bowling balls" also looked like little surprised faces with their mouths in the shape of an O. This ended up making me laugh just a little too hard.

Tomorrow... I actually begin work on OTB by starting with... [insert dramatic music here]... the dreaded caulk.

Or else I sit on my butt with a pint of Ben and Jerry's and a stack of chick flicks. We. Shall. See.

love,
kelly

1 comment:

Shayne said...

They are so cute! Like an optical illusion...bowling ball or O face!