Wednesday, October 04, 2006

OTB, ATC... ADD? No, wait...

Dear Shayne,

Yes, the caulk is DONE. It is the ugliest looking caulk job in the world, so I am not going to post a photo here, but... you know, the paint will cover it, right? Right?

skeleton handtowelsInstead, I will show you a photo of the awesome skeleton handtowels a friend of mine gave me today. One black and one white! Aren't they sweet?! (Yes, I'm distracting you from detailed caulk-related questions... that's correct.)

I also filled the nail holes on the molding around the window. I'm pretty proud of the work I did there -- it doesn't look good, but, when you run your finger over it... it's smoooooth. Yeah, baby.

Unfortunately, our carpenter left some of the nails sticking out (Hello? This is why we paid someone to do this work. If I had wanted crappy workmanship, I coulda done it myself!) so I need to set 3 more nails, fill those, and then sand. After that, I guess it's... taping. Ugh.

In other Crafty News, I've made 2 more ATCs for my swap. I'll post photos when my partners receive. 4 down, 5 to go. 3 weeks till the deadline. Oh, yeah... and I also have to make a book. Denial? Who's in denial?

And I included ADD in my alphabet soup above because, of course, I can never be content with 2 or 3 (or 6) projects going on. The latest brainchild of mine is to paint/decorate Bill's wardrobe. At this point, it's all formulation, but I've got some ideas. It's this IKEA beastie. I think my biggest problem is the white, so I'm going to paint that (Paint? Over laminate? No problem!) (>sigh< I see much sanding and priming [and later, crying] in my future). Then maybe add some hardware to the doors?

I suggested funking it up a little by getting these letters in exciting phrases on the doors and drawer fronts and Bill agreed. Yay! Now we need to come up with something to put on there. I asked him what the lyrics to his favorite song were, but, erm, I think we're going to have to keep looking.

At least it's a start. In my mind. Is that anywhere near a start in reality? Most likely not, but hey -- it's my fantasy and I can dream if I want to, right?

Hat for JohnOh, whee -- here's another distraction! I made this hat for Bill's dad this weekend. The best part? It's for Christmas! Yay! Two months early!

I need to get a head form or something to take photos of hats. This thing looks like Blinky, the red Pac-Man ghost. Hrm.

love,
kelly

3 comments:

Shayne said...

I can't wait to see the finished armoire! Maybe instead of hats, you should be knitting pacman ghosts. Who wouldn't want one? Seriously though, great hat, good job on the caulking (huh huh), cute new towels, etc etc.

Shayne said...

Oh, on the armoire, maybe since it is in your bedroom, you should put naughty-ish words on it...

kelly said...

Well the lyrics to the song that Bill suggested were quite naughty, but not really in a good way. :/