Monday, March 12, 2007

Crazy fur hat (er... crown?)

Dear Shayne,

I haven't been too overly crafty lately, but I did make this wacky hat for a costume party I went to last week.

Furry hat/crown for a costume party

It was a Star Wars cantina party -- I was the Queen of the [made-up] Planet Ov. It's an all-female warrior planet and... it's apparently cold, because we all went with the fake fur.

I guess it's a hat... or a crown... or something. I don't know, but it was enormous.

It's hard to tell how big it is from that photo -- I still need to get some sort of model head for these hat shots. For this one, I used Bill's bowling ball as a model:

Nice model!

(I think that photo is totally hilarious.)

As an added crafty bonus here, Bill (AKA "Mr. Crafty") made the deck you see in the background of these photos.

love,
kelly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it. You need to get one of those glass heads. Heck, I need to get one of those, if for no other reason than they're good for blocking.

Shayne said...

Why isn't there a picture of you modeling the hat? I like hats that double as pets. It just needs some eyes.

kelly said...

The bowling ball makes a waaay better model!