Wednesday, August 15, 2007

New toy!

Dear Shayne,

Whee! I got a new toy!

My friend got married last week and she asked me to make her some... yes, buttons. (Everyone wants me for my buttons, right?) She wanted quite a bit of text on them and I only make lil' one-inchers, so I thought, "Hrm... if I get a bigger button maker... I can make Iyabo's buttons now. And then... I can make MIRRORS!"

I'm not so crazy about big buttons, but I AM a fan of cute mirrors. So I bought a 2.25" button/mirror maker. Whee! Oh, I said whee already, didn't I? Oh, well... this is just going to be a Multiple Whee Post (MWP).

So far, I've only used it to made the buttons for her wedding:
Buttons for Iyabo's wedding

She wrote the copy -- people's names with something pertinent/funny about them. Here are two of my favorites:
Buttons for Iyabo's wedding

Hee hee.

Next up: Mirrors! Sooo... what do you want on yours?

love,
kelly

3 comments:

Shayne said...

Actually, I have that size - a Badge-A-Minute, I prefer to call a Badge-An-Hour. I am a weakling. Have fun making mirrors!

kelly said...

Yeah... I've heard bad things about the ol' Badge-An-Hour. I've used one once before and it almost killed me.

My new machine is much nicer than that -- it's very heavy-duty and it does the work for ya! You can see it here.

~~jan crowley said...

SNART! :)
hahaha. just kidding! just wanted to say hey! and yeah...my humiliation finally did pay off. thank goodness it was freshcut and not something else gross! hahahahaha. :)