Sunday, November 11, 2007

Big fun scarf

Dear Shayne,

Do you remember when we went yarn shopping together and I bought this super-awesome yarn?
Trendsetter Yosemite yarn

I'm making a fun scarf out of it! I know this wacky, chunky style isn't everyone's bag, but I reeeeally like it. Here's what I've got done so far:
Chunky purple scarf (in progress)

It's difficult to tell how long that is from the photo, but it's about 24". Those needles are gigantic and handmade by my friend Dawn. (Hi, Dawn!) How cool is that? Answer: Um, totally!

love,
kelly

2 comments:

Shayne said...

I want to eat that yarn, the colors are so delicious. As is the pattern (do you call it a pattern), you're doing. And Dawn, I know you're out there - that is so awesome that you make knitting needles!!!!!!

kelly said...

It's a stitch pattern. I found it used in this poncho here. I just did three repeats of the main pattern over an over again.

You can't tell from this photo, but those needles are huge! It's kind of like knitting with baseball bats. Wacky!