Wednesday, March 12, 2008

True confessions of a stalled out WiP

Dear Shayne,

You know the pillow I posted yesterday? True confession time: that pillow was made from two hearts that are supposed to make up an entire Valentine-y quilt. All of the rest of the pieces are cut, but those are the only two hearts that were ever sewn together.

This is a "work in progress" that is clearly not progressing at all -- in fact, it's more of a "work in regress."

I took a photo of it awhile back to show as a "WiP," but I was too ashamed to post it. Perhaps posting it now will motivate me to finish it? Let's see:

(Pizza boxes make nice flat containers for quilt blocks in progress. Don't say I never gave ya any good tips!)

My parents were married 6 years ago, so this project is probably going on 7. Wow. I took this class with Jenny and I can't believe it's been that long. (Jenny, do you still have the pieces for yours?) If anyone else is interested, you can still buy the pattern here.

Huh. I just realized that I was talking to my friend Jan (Hi, Jan!) yesterday about whether or not we would post a project that we had stalled out on for over 2 years. I guess we now know my answer: Yup!

love,
kelly

4 comments:

Shayne said...

You can do eet!!!

bettyninja said...

pizza boxes...I never would have thought of that...I guess as long as you got the kind without extra cheese!

kelly said...

HAHAHAHA, bettyninja! I guess I should have clarified: *new* pizza boxes!

I just went to Domino's and asked for a few and they gave 'em to me. I've heard of other places charging 25 cents or so, but that's still a bargain.

Jenny said...

I can look...but I doubt it. Boy, the good old days when we used to take quilting classes together! I'll let you know if I find mine.