Sunday, April 06, 2008

When in Canada...

... buy yarn? Why, of course!

Dear Shayne,

As you know, I traveled to Canada this week for work. While I didn't get much time to see the sights, I did carve out a few minutes (literally -- I got there 10 minutes before they were closing!) to visit a yarn store that is 100+ years old. Wow!

It's called Beehive Wool Shop and it's a lovely shop that I wish I had had more time to browse. Fortunately, they were very sweet and let me stay a little past closing. I had a hard time deciding on a "souvenir yarn" (it is so such a thing!) but then I found this:
Souvenir from Canada: Yarn!

I cannot resist this color combination -- yellow + orange + red + purple = must have. It's a delicious sock yarn called "Casbah" by a Canadian company called Handmaiden. Check out the label:
Souvenir from Canada: Yarn!

Love that it says "Hand dyed in Canada" -- perfect for a souvenir yarn! No idea what I'm going to make with it yet. For now, I'm just admiring the lovely colors.

love,
kelly

2 comments:

Ms. Ganshirt said...

So...yummy! I love Handmaiden yarn!

Shayne said...

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you do with it!