Monday, July 14, 2008

Renegade purchase: Wild yarn

Dear Shayne,

In recent months, I have tried to slow down on my yarn buying (no -- really!) I mean, knitting is a rather slow craft and I can buy yarn way faster than I can use it up. So I've been abstaining (mostly) from buying yarn since... well... since I went nuts in February.

But (you knew there was a "but," right?) there was this yarn I saw at the SF Craft Mafia Made show in October 2007 (I would link to them, but it seems as though they have disbanded? Hrm.) and I really, really wanted it. But it was pretty expensive and not very practical. It's handspun with all of this nutty stuff in it and it's only 87 yards. So I abstained.

But (again with the "but") I have been thinking about this skein of yarn since I saw it in October of last year. That's nine months! I have even stalked this skein online through the maker's website and almost ordered it several times, but I have contained myself.

Until this past Saturday, when I saw it at Renegade Craft Fair and I could no longer resist. I bought it:
"Joy Defined" yarn
(No need to adjust your monitor -- it really is that bright!)


I have no idea what the heck I'm going to do with it -- put it under glass for display for the rest of my life? Perhaps. I just could not resist! Despite the way it looks, it is really soft. Especially the pom-pons! I love it!

I bought a couple of other things and Renegade and I met some amazing people. Stay tuned and I'll share the rest this week!

love,
kelly

3 comments:

Shayne said...

That is some awesome yarn. I love pom-poms! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

So...when are you going to take up spinning your own yarn?

kelly said...

Not as long as we have Biscuit (AKA The Fiber Eater). Our house isn't big enough to hide a spinning wheel from him.

Darned shame, too -- I think it would be cool!

Castro Valley Farmers Market said...

Wow - I love the colors together! Great find :)