Saturday, November 01, 2008

Low-key Hallowe'en

Dear Shayne,

As I mentioned last year, I like to wear my skates at work on Hallowe'en and dress in a costume that incorporates them (Rolling Stones, Hell on Wheels, Holy Roller, etc.) (I just re-read that Holy Roller post and I cracked myself up -- I'm lame.)

Bill came up with the idea for this year's costume: Rolling pin. After wrestling with how to make myself look like a sewing pin or a bowling pin, he also thought of the perfect solution: a Personal Identification Number. You know? At the bank machine? You use a PIN?

So I ironed on a PIN to my chest, slapped on my skates and went as a "Rolling pin."

Heh.


There's the numbers. No photo of the full costume -- imagine a black shirt and a black skirt. And skates.

I used Avery Dark T-Shirt Transfers for the numbers. If you've never used them, they're pretty slick and definitely help out with costume makin'.

love,
kelly

2 comments:

Shayne said...

You two are so clever with the puns! Can't wait to see next year's roller costume.

Jenny said...

Next year, be "On a Roll" and glue cinnamon rolls to the outside of your skates. Then, if you're hungry, you'll be traveling with a snack!!