Monday, July 27, 2009

Crafty wedding

Dear Shayne,

As you know, Bill and I got married just a little over a week ago. (Yay!) I have been crafting like a madwoman for months, but have not posted much here about it. Partially because I have been too busy crafting, partially because Kaesea has taken up so much of our time, and partially because I did not want to spoil the surprise for our guests. (Like you!)

So I will be having lots of posts coming up here soon detailing various wedding crafts -- hope you're ready for it!

I made 3 mailings for the wedding:
- Save the Dates (which I already posted about here.)
- Invitations (including cute labels and RSVPs, but I did not make the envelopes.) (Shocking!)
- Everyone attending the wedding was sent a map of Toronto and an invite to our pre-wedding Happy Hour (I did make the envelopes for that.)

And this is stuff that I made for the wedding and reception that I am now realizing I have few or no photos of (!!!) I am hoping our photographer got some... grr!
- Fabric table toppers (Sewn at an awesome little studio in Toronto. Can't wait to tell you about that place!)
- Candle holders for the reception using hockey pucks (my knitting crew came together to knit the candle cozies for me, but, sadly, one caught on fire and they had to be removed. How sucky is that? Answer: Totally.)
- All of the flowers (2 bouquets, 2 boutonnieres, and 3 corsages. This was my favorite thing I made -- I hope our photographer got plenty of photos!)
- 1" buttons for the reception (I took zero photos of these. Way to go, Kel.)

I think that was it, although I am now wondering if there was there something else I'm already forgetting? I'm sure I'll remember at some point. And hopefully I'll have a photo of it.

Sooo... I promise to post stories (and at least some photos) in the next few days as I come down from our honeymoon awesomeness. In the meantime, I will tide you over with a photo I took as I was in the midst of a Crafty Storm in our hotel room in Toronto:

I wonder what the heck the housekeeping staff thought!

love,
kelly

2 comments:

Diane Gilleland said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, Congratulations, Kelly and Bill! I can't wait to see all the wedding crafts! And I'd wager that the Housekeeping staff was jealous. :-)

Shayne said...

This was seriously the best wedding ever, and the craftiness definitely was a part of that. Also, the bacon wrapped scallops - I dream of those! All of you lovely readers are in for quite a treat when Kelly starts posting all the cool stuff she made. And Kelly, I can get you a photo of four of the buttons :)