Sunday, June 13, 2010

Goofy gift for a 7 year old

Dear Shayne,

I have gotten a report that my nephew is enamored with some of the dishcloths I have been making as of late.

Armed with the knowledge that he likes the color orange and his name begins with "D", I made him the following custom dishcloth for his upcoming 7th birthday:

D is for Dishcloth

As I packaged this thing up, I thought, "I am going to go down in history as the weirdest aunt in the world."

At least it wasn't a bunny suit.

love,
kelly

5 comments:

Shayne said...

He might also be weirdest 7-year-old. Is doing dishes a chore for him? You are a cool aunt for making exactly what he wanted :)

kelly said...

No, way -- he's the *coolest* 7-year-old! He thinks I'm cool for making stuff -- that's cool, right?

I doubt he'll use it for dishes... maybe for a washcloth.

Castro Valley Farmers Market said...

As an Aunt I believe it is my duty to present and support the "weird" things in life. Way to go!

h.winter said...

I bought my best friends 7 y/o balsamic vinegar for her birthday, and believe it or not, she wanted it!

kelly said...

Re: balsamic vinegar

That's fantastic! :)