Saturday, November 19, 2011

Woven scarf for Kate

Dear Shayne,

Despite my lack of posting lately, I have been making stuff. Including this woven scarf for my cousin-in-law, Kate. I'm not 100% sure that these purple-y brown colors are her bag, but she's always so warmly appreciative of handmade gifts -- she's the best kind of person to make stuff for!
Woven scarf for Kate
I bought the yarn at A Verb for Keeping Warm in Oakland, but I cannot find the ball band right now, so I'm not sure of the brand/fiber/colorway. When I stumble across it later, I'll update the post. For now I'll tell you that it felt great and made a lovely fabric -- I love the color variegation:
Woven scarf for Kate [detail]

love,
kelly

5 comments:

Shayne said...

It's beautiful! Are you able to weave while you watch TV/movies?

kelly said...

Oh, yes! That's one of the awesome things about weaving -- totally a multi-tasking craft! :)

Heather said...

Kelly...Love love love this! This is exactly the kind of thing I would love to learn to weave. When you come to Michigan can you tutor me????

HP

Heather said...

Kelly...Love love love this! This is exactly the kind of thing I would love to learn to weave. When you come to Michigan can you tutor me????

HP

kelly said...

Heather -- Absolutely!